About Linda Carney MD
Curriculum Vitae of Linda Carney MD
Linda Carney MD has been practicing medicine since 1986, graduating in the top third of her class at Loma Linda University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Emergency Medicine at Loma Linda University Medical Center, scoring very high on testing (higher than the top 96th percentile in the nation on the 3rd year Intraining test.) Dr. Carney supports ABEM's Lifelong Learning Self-Assesment program and maintains Board Certification by ABEM.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology (Minor in biochemistry): Andrews University
- Medical Doctorate: Loma Linda University School of Medicine
Post Doctoral Training
- Emergency Medicine Residency
- Loma Linda University Medical Center
Licensure and Board Certification
- Board Certified: American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM).
- Board Certified: American College of Lifestyle Medicine (ACLM).
- Licensed to practice medicine in Texas, California and Hawaii.
- St. David's South Austin Medical Center
- CTMC (Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX)
Memberships, Offices and Committee Appointments
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American College of Preventive Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Diplomate of the American Board of Emergency Medicine
- Texas Medical Association
- Tri-County Medical Society
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Public Health
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
- Sports Injuries in Children
Awards & Honors
- Top 96th percentile in the nation, Emergency Medicine Intraining exam
- Aviation Medical Examiner, FAA, 1998
- Presidential Award, Sutter Health, 2004
- Nakamura Compassionate Care award, 1989 (Patient Satisfaction Contest)
- Treated patients in multiple villages along an Amazonian rain-forest river in Peru,
- via aquaplane and medical riverboat, bringing four of her employees in 2008
- Medical Director for seven of the Engine 2 Diet Immersions for employees of Whole Foods Markets, and for the public
- as hired by Rip Esselstyn, of the acclaimed documentary "Forks Over Knives"
- Chairperson, Student Health Advisory Council for Hays County CISD, 2007 and 2008
- Motivational Speaker
- Seminar Presenter / Caterer for business offices: Lunch n Learn Healthy Cooking Demonstrations