By Sgilmor on March 11, 2018
Posted in Support Questions
Replies 0
Likes 1
Views 2K
Votes 0

My husband and I went to a marriage retreat at our church camp this weekend. What a glorious time we spent together! But it was very challening eating there! We talked with the camp chef about "no oil" and he did make a couple of dishes for us. But the menu catered to lacto-ovo vegetarians, so it was so hard to get enough to feel full. Thankfully, I brought a bag of Macintosh apples with me! 

On the way home, we stopped for lunch at Ponderosa Steak House. They had a very big salad bar which we took advantage of. Of course, no dressings I could eat. But I ordered a child-size apple juice and I poured some of that on my salad. It tasted really nice that way--I had 2 kinds of lettuces, baby spinach, mushrooms, onions, and cucumbers. And I could order a plain baked potato!! I was in 7th heaven--to have that potato! I know it sounds funny, but I have always loved them plain or with a little salt. I hadn't been able to have any potatoes all weekend, so it felt sooo good to finally feel full! 

View Full Post