New

Traveling

March 11, 2018
  0 Replies
  2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

My husband and I went to a marriage retreat at our church camp this weekend. What a glorious time we spent together! But it was very challening eating there! We talked with the camp chef about "no oil" and he did make a couple of dishes for us. But the menu catered to lacto-ovo vegetarians, so it was so hard to get enough to feel full. Thankfully, I brought a bag of Macintosh apples with me! 

On the way home, we stopped for lunch at Ponderosa Steak House. They had a very big salad bar which we took advantage of. Of course, no dressings I could eat. But I ordered a child-size apple juice and I poured some of that on my salad. It tasted really nice that way--I had 2 kinds of lettuces, baby spinach, mushrooms, onions, and cucumbers. And I could order a plain baked potato!! I was in 7th heaven--to have that potato! I know it sounds funny, but I have always loved them plain or with a little salt. I hadn't been able to have any potatoes all weekend, so it felt sooo good to finally feel full! 

There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display