Discussion Forum

Forum for DrCarney.com Discussions, Questions, & Answers

Featured Posts

This is a place for new members to introduce themselves and be welcomed. We would love to hear from you. What is your story? How did you become interested in plant based nutrition? What led you to joining us? How did you hear about us? How can we help you? How can you help us? et...
Thank you for the enlightening information about bone loss! After I posted my original question I neglected to mention that I was diagnosed with celiac disease and Barrett's Esophagus back in 2004, and my GI doctor put me on the PPI Nexium. I've been taking it ever since, except ...
I am seeking information on what dietary changes might help eliminate chronic bacterial vaginosis.  The question assumes established appropriate toilet hygiene and a whole food plant-based diet in place and no communication between rectum and vaginal. Additionally, a probiotic ...
When inviting a friend via FB to our monthly vegan potluck dinner, a friend of hers posted this comment:   "My neurologist...more than one...has told me this [vegan diet] is dangerous for people with neuromuscular conditions. I would be cautious with any extreme food plan." Thi...
Besides eating a WFPB diet, what can be done to minimize reflux associated with a hiatal hernia?...
Hello to All!  I'm in the Dallas area and connected with a couple other people who live near me at Healthfest this year.  We think it'd be great to start a potluck gathering (if there's not one here already) in which we can share great food and build friendships and support aroun...
Hello, Can a 10 mg dosage of Furosemide (taken every other day) be subsituted with natural diuretics ? Thank you. Jane K....
I again had the pleasure of hearing Dr. Carney speak at HealthFest in Marshall this year.  I'm intrigued by the alkaline/acid balance state for the body, and have many issues I need to research for more information. Is there a credible and reliable source that can give me more in...
What about alcohol?  Is it ok to have a beer or a glass of wine and not damage the positive effect of a WFPB diet?  What effect does alcohol have on our gut bacteria?...
Dr Carney,  Is there a video available of the Healthfest talk you gave concerning the "scientific evidence showing how anxiety, depression, concentration problems, and fatigue can respond positively to WFPBNO eating".  I enjoyed the talk very much and would like to review the man...
Hi Dr. Carney,   i need your advise pls.  I just got my blood tests results and it seems that my triglycerides are high (168) , my HDL is 30.7 and my creatinin, serum is 0.54? pls advise. Thx in advance, Cygal  ...
I saw you at Healthfest, and have posted a question.  Is there a code for obtaining the video mentioned in the talk?  Thank you!  I VERY much appreciated all the work that went into your appearance, and am already finding it very useful!...
I've been vegan for about 7 years. My bone density tests this month showed my osteopenia to be worsening. I know the Dr will suggest medication but I don't feel comfortable taking that stuff. Do calcium supplements help? I've been taking bone rejuvenation herbs and a plant based ...
Can anyone tell me what the list of funding sources are for this paper please? Associations of urinary sodium excretion with cardiovascular events in individuals with and without hypertension: a pooled analysis of data from four studies. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2721...
Hi Linda, a few questions for you. My cholesterol is 169 after eating wfpbno for over 1 1/2 years now. It doesn't seem to want to go any lower. I am probably 99% compliant, 5'6 and 115 lbs. I read an article a while back which said that T. Colin Campbells cholesterol was 170, so ...
Hi Folks, Not sure if this is an appropriate question as it may be asking for medical advice. Is type 2 diabetes reversible? Also what causes Type 2 diabetes? My understanding that it is from too much sugar or other sweetener consumption and the pancreas gets burnt out for ove...
Yes! We took the plunge and signed up for the 2017 McDougall Hawaii Adventure. We were very impressed with the excellent management of the event. A special thanks to Carol for such a flawless event! We met lots of great and interesting people and enjoyed all the adventures. My p...
Hi, Do you have any advice to help increase t3 levels. I am currently weaning off thyroid meds and would do anything to make this easier and successful. Thanks!...
Hi, I would like to know how I can refer friends from FB to this site. What links do I use to send them? I know a lot of people who could benefit from this site. Also, I come across people suffering from lifestyle diseases in my facebook groups and would like to send them a link ...

There are no discussions available here currently