August 28, 2018
  2 Replies
  2.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I am fighting cancer and I like Dr. Carney's message and website. In fact my doctor encourages a plant based diet. I book marked this site a while ago and have recently come back to it. I noticed that there is a pop up wanting you to sign up. That pop up has a problem. There is an X on the upper right that I assume would let you close it. Clicking on the X does nothing. So I tried to sign up by filling in the info. Then noticed that there is no ENTER button. So there you sit stuck.

I ended up somehow clicking on a register button and signed up for the site.

Now, my daughter in law might have cancer, and she is trying to improve her diet. Her doctor is encouraging her to do this. She keeps asking me for websites and I recommended this one. BUT I know that she is just reading and exploring right now, and that pop up will just chase her away.

Can you fix it so the X closes the pop up? I know you want people to sign up but I think it would be good if they can just explore and read a bit before they sign up.

Thank you,

Dave

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

David, I just sent you an email reply to your question but I think I will also answer here because I believe that others will also may encounter the same problem. This is not the first time we have heard this. Here is the reply I just sent you by email:

Thank you so much for letting us know. What you have described we have seen before. It has always been a problem with the users local web browser and not with the javascript code itself which has made this a complicated problem to fix. Generally the solution is to clear the local cache of your browser and restart the browser. This is something that we previously reported to the developers only to have them not be able to replicate it. So, I am grateful to see that you were able to successfully create your account. I suspect you may have had to change the web browser or restart the one you were using? 

Also, regarding the CAPTCHA we understand that it can be inconvenient. And, there is a more convenient CAPTCHA solution that has been developed and our developers have almost got all our products ported over to the automatic CAPTCHA. That should take care of the timing out issue. I will double check with them to see how close they are to having the new CAPTCHA available for all of our products. 

Thanks again for reporting all of this to us. 
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Oh, by the way. I forgot to mention to you that the X in the top right corner is supposed to always close the window. That not working IS the bug that I tried to submit that was difficult to replicate. 

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display