July 19, 2018
  6 Replies
  4.2K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hey all. I still have weight to lose, but for the past two months I've plataued and cant seem to lose anything. been at this same weight. When I first started, as expected, I lost 30 lbs. I was hoping you all had some advise. I wish I could say it's fat turning to muscle, but I fear that is not the case :(. even though I have been working out twice a week. Ideas may help. PS. before you ask, I am enjoying oatmeal with fruit for breakfast, salad for lunch, and variation usually like veggie burger for dinner. no nuts. I do use hemp seed a tbsp in my oatmeal but thats about all. And I did switch from Almond milk to Oat milk. And yes, I am usually satisfied throughout the day. any advise would be apreciated. signed, Thrilled with lifestyle change, frustrated with long plateau :)
5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello Lori,

Your story is actually very common. We do get asked similar questions all the time. There are some other factors that can be involved and I just went searching for a thread in this forum where Dr. Carney answered a similar question. I would suggest that you read the following discussion by clicking on the discussion title: 

Why is Weight Loss Not Happening With Vegan Diet?

I also found a blog that is pretty much on this same subject. To read it click on the following title:

Why Weight Loss Might Be Evading Us?

As well, we did recently start a Support Group that is on the subject of Weight Loss and while we do not have a lot of members yet in that group, it is still probably a good place to ask for some advise. Click on the link below to join the support group:

Weight Control Support

I hope you will find these great starting places to get the answer you are looking for.

Also, have you checked out Dr. Carney's Starch-Smart® System and in particular her Starch-Smartest level?

Many people have had success making some fine tuning changes based on this system level. 

We are looking forward to seeing the answers you receive and your results. 

Sean Carney

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Oh yeah, I just remembered that Dr. Carney wrote an article for VegWorld Magazine about why weight loss is not happening for some people. It has much of the same information in it but you might still glean something else from the article. The title of the article is:

Why Weight? Abstaining from Unsafe Lifestyle Choices

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

HI Sean and thank you! 

I tried printing the vegworld magazine article but it was all jumbled with the website link on every page.  I guess one has to subscribe to print it so I  will have to read it later.

I was able to pring the starch-smartest system and it's saying no vinegar. I use Balsamic Vinegar for a dressing, if I need to stop that what else can I use for a dressing?  As you know most other's I've found either have added sweeteners or nuts.  this was my easy go to!

I look forward to reading the rest when I get a chance.

thanks again for all your help, and I do plan on blogging, just a matter of finding time with projects around the house like destroying a shed! :)

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

I found the same problem with the Why Weight article on VegWorld. I guess they are having a bit of a technical issue with their software vendor. So, I guess we will just have to read the article on their site instead of printing it. I am glad that they made this one a permanent fixture on the site. :-)

We use lemon or lime juice instead of vinegar. Making lemon and lime juice is less of a process than making vinegars. And, lemon and lime juice is delicious enough for us.

We make salad dressings out of just about anything we can blend up such as fresh fruits, whole grains, cooked starchy vegetables, and more. We think about the color and consistency we want and then think of something to put in the blender with a little lemon or line and some seasonings.

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Mr Carney is right. There are some reasons due to that why you are not losing the weight. It is because of you are not keeping your eating track well or you are not eating protein well. You are eating too much calories. You are not lifting weight well. These are some reasons.

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Jimmy,

I am grateful that you joined us and for your participation here and am wondering if you might be willing to explain in further detail your comment:

"... or you are not eating protein well".

I do not understand what that means exactly and am hoping you can clarify in order to verify that support Dr. Carney's Starch-Smart System.

Thanks,  Sean

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display