July 4, 2018
  2 Replies
  3.7K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

what is the best cookbook and/or meal planning that I can get my hands on?  currently I own the How not to die cookbook (don't have the companion about his plan though) and chef AJ's the secret to ultimate weight loss cookbook.  I'm finding sometimes I want and/or need simple things to fix after a long day at work.  Lets add the plan to work out three times a week to cut down on more cooking time.  

Like right now I have Kale, but I used to massage it with avacado.. well, now I don't know how i can make kale into a delicious salad because I am not suppose to eat avacado.  So, for me, a newbie in the world of whole foods, I find I spend a LOT of time looking for the right recipe, then spend hours cooking and preparing them.  While once a month this would be awesome, I  would like to free more weekend time up to get things I need to done around the house, or time with family.. 

So, anything you know to help with easy meal ideas, preperations would be awesome... 

thanks!

Lori

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thanks Alfred!  I do live and eat alone most days so most my menu is just for one.  But, I do like bulk cooking so I have left overs!  I tend to make one thing and eat it for four or more days, but that does get old by day four! LOL  I am trying to lose weight, but also trying to raise my iron (and yes, eating lots of kale and beans... etc.) and lower cholesterol (which I already have, but needs a bit more, hopefully this months blood work reveals better levels! :) )

That being said, I am in dire need of delicious foods for a 6 yr old grandson.  I don't want to pump more garbage into him when he comes.  I want him to learn to like whole foods.  had him try snow peas yesterday and he hated it! :(..  trying to figure out what to cook the lad other than the staple "mac and cheese" or "pizza" even if they are made from wfpb accepted foods.

as always, thanks!

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Lori, I think your question is a little too vague. There is no best cookbook. There are thousands of recipes available online, and I have built my own "cookbook" a little at a time over the years. We would need a lot more information to make suggestions. Like are you cooking for only yourself, or a family? Since you said you are trying to leave out avocados I assume you are trying to lose weight. If that is true, then that would change what people would recommend. More important than all that, I believe, is to keep meals simple. I eat the same things most days. Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast, a big salad with a starch added for lunch. I do make involved recipes sometimes, but not a daily thing. Here's a pretty simple thing I do with kale. I buy a bunch of kale and a bunch of chard (the usual size you find in supermarket) and remove stems. I steam them together for about 8 minutes. While they are steaming I mix in a large bowl 1 Tbl balsamic vinegar (i used pear infused but any flavor you like will work) 1 tsp dill, 1 tsp.basil. 1-2 minced garlic cloves. After steaming add greens to bowl mix and eat! My wife and I both love this as a side dish. After all that I do have a cookbook recommendation: Straight Up Food by Cathy Fisher. The recipes are good and there is a lot of info on preparation, where to get ingredients, and why to eat this diet.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display