July 2, 2018
  6 Replies
  4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

So here I am about 2 1/2 months into a whole food plant based lifestyle.  While I've seen some awesome results I realize I need to be more active, more than walking the dog a couple times a day.  So I've decided to start hitting up the gym, lets say at least three times a week, for strength training.

I'd like to start a challenge for anyone else who is interested in "uping their game." Because they say it takes 21 days to form a habit, why don't we shoot for a month.

Anyone else care to join me?  Whether you decide to garden 2 times a week, bike, hike, walk...  it doesn't matter, a personal challenge is all I'm asking.  Will you join me in a personal challenge?  

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

I will commit to an evening walk every evening for the next 21 days. It is something I have been wanting to add back to my daily routine. And, some stretching every morning. :-)

Sean

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

HI Sean!  I am going to add Stretching each morning as wel!  I do it hit and miss, more miss than hit right now!  so, before morning walk, stretch! Unfortunately I woke up an hour later this am and am running late.. hhmm, then why am I on here!  OK  have a great day!

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hi Sean,  how is your morning stretches and evening walk coming along? 

I've been going to the gym 2 or 3 times a week and walking the dog more regularly.  While I stretch at the gym I can't say I'm as faithful to do my morning stretches.  I'll work on a schedule check list for the house for those and a few other things. 

Yesterday I signed up for a new gym.  It will cost $10 less a month and it is much smaller, more personalized.  and the people who run it are physical therapist and his assistant.  They help comprise a personalized work out to help you achieve your personal goals, and they will change it as time goes on when you are ready.  While I was previously going to the gym I felt like a fish out of water, not knowing what to do, or how to use the machines, or if I'm doing what I needed to to achieve my goals.  Talk about excitement at the new place, and all for only $19.99 a month!

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

That gym sounds like a bargain. I have not been doing as well on my exercising as I need to. I do some stretching daily but not enough. So, thanks for the reminder. :-)

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

it is a bargain as my employer fought for a deep discount.  they normally charge 39.95 a month!

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
HI Sean, I admit to not stretching every morning, but I am at the gym twice a week sometimes 3... and am very active on weekends.. how's your pledge coming?
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.