June 11, 2018
  1 Replies
  3.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Hello. I am currently on a diet high in carbohydrates in order to maximize muscle gain and endurance. However I quickly discovered an adverse effects of eating high in carbs; my teeth began to look worse (more porous, breaking down slightly, spots, etc). After some research I learned the likely culprit; phytic acid. I was wondering what are some foods high in carbohydrates and with low or non-existent levels of phytic acid? Thank You. 

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello John,

Thanks for asking your question. I hope you can find some help here. Are you keeping a food log, or have you done so previously? It seems that could be a helpful exercise to try to figure out what might be going on. 

Also, I wonder if you have watched some of the videos on NutritionFacts.org about Phytic Acid that came up when I did a this Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=nutritionfacts.org+phytic+acid

I always try to remember to eat some harder crunchy vegetables like carrot sticks and jicama to give my teeth something to chew on. Hopefully some of the other members here will have some insights to share with you. 

Sean

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display