April 25, 2018
  4 Replies
  3.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Where is the section on protein for optimum nourishment?

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello Flora,

You are asking a very common question based on a very common misconception: The Protein Myth!

All whole plant based foods contain the three macro-nutrients which are Protein, Carbohydrates and Fat. These macronutrients are combined perfectly in these foods. As long as you are eating a whole food plant based diet with adequate calories you will get more than enough protein. In fact, many lifestyle related health problems are caused by TOO MUCH PROTEIN whereas there is really no protein deficiencies in any population that is eating whole natural foods unless that population has an issue of inadequate calories. For example, starvation. If you are eating enough calories you will get more than enough protein.

Keep reading the articles and blogs on this site and keep asking questions and I believe you will find the answers you are looking for. In the meantime I did want to suggest you read an article about Resistant Starch which I believe is really what you should be seeking more of to reduce your cravings: 

https://www.drcarney.com/articles/resistant-starch-is-not-futile

Thank you for joining us and for asking questions. I suspect that some other members here will also have gems of wisdom to share with you as you launch into this new lifestyle. So, keep asking questions and making friends here. 

Sean

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Sean, I did read that article a couple of times, thanks. 

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

It makes our day to have you reading our materials and making positive changes. I am looking forward to seeing your journey unfold.  

5 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Not as much as I am Sean.❤

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display