March 2, 2018
  4 Replies
  2.4K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I have a friend (used to be one of my students) who is like a daughter to me. She has been going through tremendous stress and suffering with anxiety. She has had testing recently and found her estogen levels are quite low. Other hormones too. She is a petite woman, kind of on the thin side. She says when she first became vegan, she didn't have menstrual periods for 2 years. She has been researching this and says she discovered that vegans have low estrogen, on the average. I haven't come across this before. What would you suggest I might say to her to help her. I wish she could have a consultation with you but her finances wouldn't handle it. 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

I sure wish your friend could watch Dr. Carney's video Cancer Prevention & Women's Health. Perhaps you could help her with that. A consult with Dr. Carney sure would be a good idea. Sounds like she might not have been eating enough calories. :-(  

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

I have that video and it is a good one. I have loaned it to our elder as he has been diagnosed with colon cancer. I know, however, that she is a vegan. I am not sure about oil consumption, though. I told her about consulting with Dr. Carney. I am not sure they could handle it financially. I have wondered about the calories too. Has Dr. Carney written or seen any articles that might help in this situation? I don't know if she is having early menopause. She has many of those symptoms but the biggest one is depression. It comes in a cyclic form, generally around her periods. In fact, many of her symptoms do (fatigue, insomnia, hot flashes, night sweats). Her periods are also irregular. She's also complained of body pains, sometimes tinnitus. This has been going on for some time. She is in her mid 30's. 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

It sounds to me like she would really benefit by a consult wtih Dr.Carney. I hope somebody might be able to help her to afford this. The answers are not going to be simple and Dr.Carney will need to ask a bunch of questions of her. 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Yes, it does sound complicated. And she could tell Dr. Carney about the tests she's taken with the results. She has gone to the doctor so many times and just feels like they don't know what's going on. 

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.