New

Tomatoes

February 21, 2018
  8 Replies
  3.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I'm finding I have what I call skin flare-ups when I eat tomatoes from the store. What would cause people to have a reaction to tomatoes? The ones I've grown in my garden have never bothered me.

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thanks Sue,

I just edited your comment to add http:// in front of the url and then placed my curser at the end of the url and hit the enter key. This made your link work as an easy hyperlink.

Thank you for sharing the recipe. 

Sean

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Here's the link to the recipe on my cooking club website. You can access the recipe here: http://newstarthealthbites.com/2018/02/28/nomato-sauce-when-tomatoes-arent-your-friend/

Hope the link works for you. If not, please let me know.

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Yes. I would love the recipe. Sounds great. :-)

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

The sauce was wonderful! We're calling it "Nomato Sauce." I'm happy I can have some Mexican and Italian food while I'm staying away from tomatoes (tho I hope it's not permanent). The great thing is this sauce has so many high oxidant foods in it--sweet potato, carrots, beets. It was delicious with mushrooms, peppers and the usual Italian seasonings. If you want the recipe, just let me know. I tweaked it so it would be oil free and with non irritating herbs. 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

We will certainly be interested in hearing how the sauce turns out. Also, thank you for sharing your son's comments. I will ask Dr. Carney her thinking about the coconut oil. I know that we used to use it for our skin a lot but have not been doing that because we do understand that some is absorbed through the skin. But, that may not be enough of a deterent for you depending on how much it is helping you. :-)

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

I found a recipe called NO Tomato Sauce and am trying it out today. It mimics the taste of tomato sauce but its made with sweet potatoes, onions, carrots and beets! It is nice and red too! I will try the taste tomorrow. But it smells yummy and a spoon taste was good. 

My son gave me a compliment today--he said since we changed to this new oil-free and Starch-Smartest way of eating, "we have been eating better than ever before!" I think it's because we're eating more plant-based than ever before! And I have lost my 1st 10 pounds!! Praising the Lord for y'all and God's blessings!

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thanks for this article, Sean. I don't have all the symptoms but some of them. Flushed, dryness, roughness, prickly feeling at times that can be like the beginning of itchiness. When I have a flareup, there are bumps. I am wondering if it would be safe to moisturize with coconut oil. 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Having a skin sensitivity to tomatoes is actually quite common. :-(  They are a great food but some people are sensitive to them. Here is a google search I just did about this subject that you might find interesting:

https://www.google.com/search?q=skin+flareups+from+tomatoes

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display