February 10, 2018
  5 Replies
  2.8K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I would love to sit down and just listen to Dr. Carney. But alas--Michigan is so far away from Texas! If I was to start reading, what book do you recommend I start with? 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Wow. Tough question. Of course the answer is different for different people. I also just read your question to Dr. Carney. She thought for a moment and suggested that you might like to read first the book "Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure" by Caldwell Esselstyn Jr. MD.

Then after that she suggested you could benefit by reading the book "The Engine 2 Seven-Day Rescue Diet: Eat Plants, Lose Weight, Save Your Health" by Rip Esselstyn as the next in line book.

She also had another suggestion which was for you to print out and read the Starch-Smartest page on this web site and maybe put it onto your refrigerator door. 

Anyhow, these are a few great places for you to start. :-)

Sean 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thank you. I have Dr. Esselstyn's cookbook but not this book. Will do. I have made posters for my kitchen that I use from the Starch-Smart page. :D Plus one on plant foods that reduce inflammation. I make sure I eat from these every day! 

I also started a Facebook page for my plant-based cooking club. I'll be sharing articles from my favorite health doctor. Love you guys! My blood sugar is staying in the normal zone! Hooray!

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

We do hope you will continue to document your story and consider creating before and after pictures. Your testimony can be a most powerful tool to help and encourage others. 

Sean

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thank you Sean. I sure want to be an encouragement to others. Today my face is the "calmest" I've seen it! 

I do have pictures of my face rash. I guess I should take a picture of me on the treadmill. So thankful we have one! 

I remember the days when John would remind me to no avail to use it. I was just too busy. But I have decided not to be too busy to take care of myself. 

Thanks for your encouragement! It means a LOT!

Oh, by the way, my husband and I led out in a heart-emphasis day at our church. John shared some heart principles from the sermon on the mount--first 3 beatitudes. We had a planned luncheon afterwards of heart-smart whole plant foods. We gave church members ideas on what they could bring. Easy dishes. We had a nice buffet--and were so delighted that there was no cheese on the table. First time ever here! Everyone remarked what a wonderful lunch it was. And they just loved the sermon. So we are feeling so blessed and happy!

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Sue, you and your husband are inspiring others around you for good health.

I am delighted to hear that cheese was not brought to the table by your friends who came to support your event.  You are making a difference!

Keep up the great work.

Another of my favorites is the book "Power Foods for the Brain" by Neal Barnard MD, who also wrote a winner with his book "Program for Reversing Diabetes". "The Cheese Trap", and "21-day Weight-Loss Kickstart".

Sincerely,

Dr. Carney

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display