January 25, 2018
  4 Replies
  2.3K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I haven't had floaters in my eye before. I am taking lutein and zeaxanthin for a previously diagnosed condition of macular degeneration. At my last visit, there was no growth which made my doctor happy. My vision has even improved since I started eating more greens. Wondering if there is anything I can do about floaters. They are in the lower end of my visual screen and off to the right side--just one eye.Should I visit my eye doctor about this?

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Short answer: Yes.  :-)

Here is a google search I did with quite a few results about eye health and exercise: https://www.google.com/search?q=eye+health+and+exercise+studies

Keep up the good work...

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Today I've not had many floaters at all! I've noticed that when I'm exercising--walking on my treadmill--they seem to be less. I don't know if there's any correlation between exercise and eye health. Is there?

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thank you. I wish I could read her presentation! Today they are less than yesterday--thankfully. I don't know if there's any correlation between them and exercise. I hadn't been able to exercise much the past 2 days--not feeling well. But today I got my 60 minutes in before 4:00. 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Hello Sue,

It is great news that your eyes have been improving. You should consult an Ophthalmologist about your continuing eye problems. However, as you seem to be discovering, eye health and diet are certainly related just like all other aspects of our health and diet are related. :-)

Dr. Carney has a presentation she gives on eye health which is full of scientific references. Unfortunately this has not been filmed yet. It is included in the current outline of the book she is working on. In the meantime she did ask me to place the references for the talk on Eye Health on the web site which I have done. Here it is: 

https://www.drcarney.com/activities/handout-materials/eye-health-seminar-references

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display