January 14, 2018
  3 Replies
  2.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I have been oil free for 5 weeks and believe this is the right way to live. But I realize this is a controversial issue among health educators. Just today, I was talking with a health ministries director who shared this with me, "Extra virgin olive oil contains 34 different antioxidants including hydroxytyrosol which softens arterial walls. There are oils which are very good when not used in excess. Those who use this approach in very extreme cardiac cases get success but there are also studies which show that no oil can increase heart attack risk."

What are your thoughts on this? 

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

BTW, I sure would like to see those studies your friend referred to and see who funded the studies as well. :-)

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Sue, 

I would suggest you read this article and then watch the video and then see what you think: 

https://www.drcarney.com/blog/health-issues/is-oil-really-a-processed-food

Oil is 4,000 calories per pound.  It is as high fat of a food as you can ever eat. For those trying to watch their weight oil is not helpful. It will increase the battle of the bulge. :-(

For those trying to prevent and/or reverse diabetes it is a not helpful. It will create insulin resistance. 

Oil, as found in the olive is beneficial. But, pressing the oil from the olive is not. You get almost none of the nutrition and all of the fat. 

Sean

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display