July 25, 2017
  2 Replies
  3.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hello, I was reading Ken Thomas's diabetes discussion and was very surprised to hear that the oils in body lotions can actually affect your blood sugar levels! Makes me wonder about body wash and lipsticks or lip balms? What does everyone think about these items?
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Hi Norma, I think this is a great forum topic. Thanks for creating it. Sorry about being nitpicky, but the oils I experienced raises insulin resistance. Obviously, that will raise blood sugar in diabetics, but if not diabetic, it only raises insulin resistance. The effect is the same, but the numbers won't reflect it. (That's why I'm happy about my T1D, because it gives me vision to things non-diabetics are blind to.) I don't know about lipsticks, etc. since I rarely use them. :)  
6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo
Haha! You are welcome Ken! Let me clarify that I was diagnosed pre diabetic years ago and I do monitor my glucose. They have been recently changing negatively and I realized I had started eating items with higher oil levels. My A1C was recently 5.7, down from over 6 in the past. I try to pay attention to everything now as I don't want it to go into diabetes. 
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display