May 15, 2017
  2 Replies
  4.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

I am seeking information on what dietary changes might help eliminate chronic bacterial vaginosis. 

The question assumes established appropriate toilet hygiene and a whole food plant-based diet in place and no communication between rectum and vaginal.

Additionally, a probiotic called Refresh has been suggested. Do you have an opinion of this?

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

My favorite probiotic is EndoMune, a vegan probiotic sold on Amazon.com.

The best way to prohibit the growth of pathogenic bacteria in the birth canal is to avoid all animal products and limit the amount of toys that are used vaginally.

Wiping with baby wipes rather than dry toilet paper helps to cut down on vaginosis, as does limiting the number of sexual partners and using condoms.  Having sex within 1 hour of emerging from the shower (for both partners) makes a big difference, but it may also help if a baby wipe or wash cloth is used just before sex.

I have no opinion on Refresh but I do recommend a vaginal lubricant sold under the brand name Rephresh.

Thank you for your patience on this reply.  I did not see your questions for weeks!  Sorry.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Carney

6 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Here is  a video that Dr. Greger produced on the subject of Bacterial Vaginosis & Diet that hopefully will be helpful:

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.

Off Canvas Main Menu Display