January 31, 2017
  3 Replies
  4.9K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe

Hi, Do you have any advice to help increase t3 levels. I am currently weaning off thyroid meds and would do anything to make this easier and successful. Thanks!

7 years ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo

I do not recommend that most patients discontinue their thyroid meds who have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism more than 3 months prior to adopting a Starch-Smartest diet. Most thyroid patients need to take thyroid replacement hormone for life. Most patients with a TSH above 4.5 while not having been on medications for a month prior to the blood draw will need to continue thyroid medications for the rest of their life, due to the nature of the destruction of the thyroid gland by the auto-antibodies, thyroglobulin and thyroid peroxidase. However, adopting a Starch-Smartest diet can lower the dose that one needs, as can achieving a lower percentage of body fat than before, unless a person is already at a body fat percentage of 20% or lower for women or 15% or lower for men (which are already low body fat percentages for adults in the US).

7 years ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo

I do not recommend that most patients discontinue their thyroid meds who have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism more than 3 months prior to adopting a Starch-Smartest diet. Most thyroid patients need to take thyroid replacement hormone for life. Most patients with a TSH above 4.5 while not having been on medications for a month prior to the blood draw will need to continue thyroid medications for the rest of their life, due to the nature of the destruction of the thyroid gland by the auto-antibodies, thyroglobulin and thyroid peroxidase. However, adopting a Starch-Smartest diet can lower the dose that one needs, as can achieving a lower percentage of body fat than before, unless a person is already at a body fat percentage of 20% or lower for women or 15% or lower for men (which are already low body fat percentages for adults in the US).

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thanks for the quick response!

7 years ago
·
Votes
Undo

And, thank you for asking the question. This site become of greater value the more questions we can get asked and answered here. :-) I am still ready to send you one of our videos to download as a thank you for being an early adopter and posting your question. :-)

• Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.